My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.freezerdinner.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies


We are going to visit family tomorrow and so my kids and I made cookies today. I've been wanting to make these for a very long time. They are so good. I forgot how good they are. I've eaten 3 now...and I still want more. Maybe we won't be taking them with us, we'll just keep them here to enjoy.

I always double or triple my cookie recipes and then simply roll half of the dough into a log shape in layers of plastic wrap (in a log shape) and place them in a large zip top bag for the freezer. I write the cooking directions right on the zip top bag (350 degrees F, 12 min.) on the bag.

Here's the recipe:

White Chocolate-Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies

Yield: 2 dozen cookies

1 cup butter

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups oats

1 1/2 cups White Chocolate Chips

4 oz bag macadamia nuts


Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix flour, sugars, salt, and soda. In a separate bowl, cream butter, egg, and vanilla. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing thoroughly. Stir in oats, then the white chocolate chip mixture. (Batter should be stiff.)

Roll extra dough into 1 or 2 log shappes and wrap each in plastic wrap, then place in freezer or bake right away.

To serve: Warm cookie dough in microwave for 10 to 20 seconds or until dough pulls apart. Drop by spoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350ºF for 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are golden brown. Cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet, then place on a wire rack.