My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.freezerdinner.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Question: Freezing Corn tortillas



Question: Hey Jenny - so I can't find my cookbooks yet & I'm trying to freeze some enchiladas. Could you tell me, what is the best way with corn tortillas? Should I cook them first (like I do when I'm just making it for dinner that night) or is it better to just to make it up without cooking the corn tortillas? Thanks!


Answer: With corn tortillas, I would definitely cook them first. The more your dinner can be finished, the better. Corn tortillas also taste terrible when they are not cooked. Also a good rule of thumb is bake your frozen enchiladas at 350 degrees F until they are defrosted (1 1/2 hours). You will have to let me know how it turns out. I haven't tried frozen enchiladas before with corn tortillas. I'm sure it will turn out great, as long as you cook them before hand. Do you have a red enchilada sauce you'd like to share? ;) I have delicious green sauce recipe, but I don't have any good red sauce recipes.